Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Video App: Splice

Looking for an app to help you edit the videos you capture on your iPhone?


I stumbled upon what I feel is one of the most valuable apps. It's called Splice. 


Splice allowed me to edit the videos I shot on my iPhone 4s quickly and easy. I was able to stitch 3 seperate videos together seamlessly, while also trimming each, creating title slides, transitions, and other minor effects to my video. After i approved my finished video project, I saved it to my photo library and uploaded it to YouTube from there. Super simple. 


I experienced a minor glitch. After I added 2 title slides, 3 videos and 2 transitions, the app crashed. Somewhat of a pain, BUT I was relieved to find that once I relaunched the app, my project was still there, right where I left off. I wasn't forced to recreate the wheel. Thank goodness!! This crashing episode happened about 3 more times, each time I tried to add another action or item like a transition or video. I'm still unsure if the crash occurred because I was trying to add actions/items too quickly or if the file was getting too large. Eventually, I was able to return to the project and do what I needed to get the job completed. Glee!


If you are interested in giving Splice a shot, there are two versions available for download from the iTunes Store. Below are the links to both options:


Download the $3.99 Version (my recommendation) 
Download the Free Version and $3.99 Version


If you are in need of a fantastic video tutorial, view the following YouTube video: 
Splice 2.0 Tutorial - Getting Started.




If you want a couple of other video editing application recommendations, try Reel Director or iMovie.


Read the description of Splice featured in the Apple iTunes Store:


"Splice together HD photos and videos in an amazingly simple way. Add music tracks from your iPod library, sound effects, transitions, borders, effects (like Ken Burns, slow motion and fast forward), trim video and audio, narrate with your own voice, and much more." 


Continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment